vWire- February 8th, 2022, London/São Paulo – Veggly, the dating app for vegans and vegetarians, is today releasing new data revealing the latest dating, relationship and friendship trends for vegans and vegetarians in the lead up to this year’s Valentine’s Day.
The data reveals a wide range of fascinating trends that include what percentages of vegans and vegetarians are looking for long term monogamous relationships, friendships, open relationships, or ‘one off’ dates.
The findings show that three quarters (73.4%) of Veggly users are interested long term, monogamous relationships. Over half (56%) are interested in ‘one-off dates’, over a third (33.8%) are interested in open relationships, and over half (57.2%) are interested in meeting new friends via Veggly.
The data mining from Veggly also reveals how Valentine’s Day causes a large surge in new users every year. As a result, Veggly is already preparing for the 2022 ‘V-Day influx’ of new users looking for love and friendship, and more.
During the week leading up to Valentine’s Day in 2020 and 2021, Veggly experienced a large surge in new users, with boosts of 143% and 55% respectively (relative to previous period).
The data also shows an intriguing range of differences between vegetarians and vegans. In particular, the findings show how vegans and vegetarians are 69% more likely to pursue an open relationship than meat eaters.*
Commenting on the new data, Founder of Veggly, Alex Felipelli, said:
“This data is great to see because it shows how our platform is being used for all sorts of purposes, helping herbivores across the world connect in new ways. We are always happy to see new connections through Veggly; it can be a new romantic one-to-one relationship, like the ones you can see from our testimonials, or a friendship, an open relationship, a multi-person relationship, or just a ‘one-off’ date – we don’t mind as long as people are happy meeting other vegans and veggies!
“We also found it interesting to see how vegans are more keen for open relationships than vegetarians. We’re not sure why – perhaps we’ll find out soon!”
Veggly, which now has over 600,000 users, is available throughout the world (users in 181 countries), Veggly is set to continue its rapid growth thanks to its growing army of vegan volunteers around the world who have worked together to translate the app from English into Spanish, German, Portuguese, French, Italian, Danish and Polish, with many more languages on the way.
To celebrate Valentine’s Day and encourage new types of connection, Veggly will be giving away 5 Veggly Coins to every new and existing user during the week prior to Valentine’s Day (starting today).
*33.8% of vegans and vegetarians are interested in an open relationship, compared to just 20% of the general population (according to the Journal of Sex Research, referenced in Fatherly). 20% vs 33.8% represents a ‘percentage increase’ of 69%.
For full transparency, this is a comparison between a global survey (the Veggly survey of vegans and vegetarians) and a study of Canadians from the Journal of Sex Research.
Veggly releases new data revealing what vegans & veggies are looking for this Valentine’s Day
- Data compiled from Veggly’s 600,000 users around the world reveals new dating, relationship and friendship trends
- Veggly reveals intriguing differences between vegans and vegetarians compared to meat eaters – vegans/veggies are 69% more likely to pursue an open relationship than meat eaters
- Trend data from past three years shows how Valentine’s Day causes a surge in new users every year for Veggly
- On average, Veggly experiences a 101% increase in downloads during the two weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day each year
- Three quarters (73.4%) of Veggly users are interested in long term, monogamous relationships
- Over half (56%) are interested in ‘one-off dates’
- Over a third (33.8%) are interested in open relationships
- Over half (57.2%) are interested in meeting new friends via Veggly
- To celebrate Valentine’s Day and encourage new types of connection, Veggly will be giving away 5 Veggly Coins to every new and existing user in the week prior to Valentine’s Day (from today)
- Related story: Veggly launches new list of sex positions, chosen by vegan sexpert
Veggly was created to help vegans, vegetarians, and aspiring vegans/vegetarians to find, match and chat to other like-minded people nearby. At present, Veggly is the only vegan/vegetarian dating app available on Android, iOS and desktop/web.
Further details: https://www.veggly.net
07940 968704, firstname.lastname@example.org